How does the Filtersorb SP3 Anti Scale System Work compared to a common Water Softener?
The “classical” water softening unit operates on the basis of ion exchange; exchanging calcium and magnesium ions in water with an equivalent amount of sodium (Salt). When a water softener is used, the result is not only soft water, but also increased sodium content in the water supply. Additionally, these softening units require water for backwashing and Brine Water “Salt Water” for re-generation.
Filtersorb SP3 is a catalytic media that prevents the formation of scale and eliminates existing scale by accelerating the transformation of the calcium and magnesium minerals into harmless “Nano” crystal particles. As these nano crystal particles flow through plumbing systems, they do not attach to pipes, fixtures, valves, heating elements and most surfaces. The result is 99% scale prevention without adding harmful minerals or chemicals into our environment.
Special Note: you must always use all natural soaps with alternative media. Harsh soaps reverse the effects of the Anti-Scale Media
What is Nanotechnology?
Nanotechnology is multi-disciplinary field in that it involves spectrum of disciplines to include but not limited to physics, engineering, and chemistry. The science of nanotechnology enables the transformation of everyday materials into revolutionary technologies and today is used in a number of applications such as medical devices, computer devices, car converters, and water filters.
A more generalized description of nanotechnology was subsequently established by the National Nanotechnology Initiative, which defines nanotechnology as the manipulation of matter with at least one dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers. In water refers to this as Nono Crystals.
In fact, for centuries the methodologies of nanotechnology have been used, such as in the creation of the colors in stained glass windows. The difference today, is that we now have greater knowledge and understanding of nanotechnology and are able to apply this revolutionary science.
How does Filtersorb SP3 Filtration Process Work?
CWG USA has embraced the cutting edge science of nanotechnology and through extensive research and development has developed the catalytic Filtersorb SP3 filtration media used to prevent and remove calcium scale build up.
The overall filtration process of the Filtersorb SP3 is broken down into three phases.
In the first phase, the calcium and magnesium is removed from the water. The catalytic surface of the Filtersorb media pulls the calcium and magnesium ions from the water and coverts these ions into harmless nano crystal particles. These nano crystals are so small that they are approximately one billionth of a meter or 100,000 times smaller than a single strand of hair.
In the second phase of the filtration process, the existing scale in the piping and hardware is re- moved. The nano crystal particles are neutral and are unable to attach to any surfaces, but due to their large surface area and nano structure, bind to the calcium ions in the scale, gradually breaking the grid structure of the calcium deposits. Over time, the calcium scale deposits within the pipes and equipment are completely removed.
In the third phase and final phase filtration process, a 3 to 5 micron protective corrosion layer is formed. This layer forms because of the reaction of the nano surface of the crystals and the metallic surface of the pipes. This is comparable to the green layer of verdigris on a copper roof or inside copper pipping. As soon as the protective layer is formed it can no longer grow larger, and it creates complete protection.
Presently Filtersorb SP3 is successfully used in a number of applications for both residential and commercial usage. Virtually maintenance free, chemical free, and salt free, Filtersorb SP3 media has proven to be an effective environmental alternative where benefits and overall performance surpasses competitors anti scale media.
All of our Anti Scale systems come with a Clack Up-Flow Head with Fill Port and a Bypass Valve assures optimum filtration.
Our unique Spider Flexible Hub and Lateral system assures proper flow pattern and rates.
The Filtersorb SP3 system is also an environmentally-friendly system for commercial and residential applications:
• Preserves beneficial minerals
• Does not release harmful minerals or chemicals into our water system
• Maintenance free
• No wasted water
• Eliminates existing scale
• Reduces soap and chemical consumption by 20-30%
• Reduces energy consumption
• Chemical free
• Salt free
• Anti-Scale System must be the last form of water treatment equipment installed with the exception of an RO unit, Water Ionizer or POU filter.
• Recommended to always use a carbon pre-filter for municipal applications. Carbon pre-filters reduce the negative effects of high chlorine and low levels (up to 4%) of iron on the media.
• Do not apply phosphates or any other anti-scalents either before or after the Scale Prep System.
• Anti-Scale are only partly filled with media; systems must have an adequate freeboard.
• Anti-Scale must use a Spider Flexible Hub and Lateral to ensure proper fluidization. (For larger tanks, use a hub and lateral with a garnet under bed.
• Anti-Scale operates in the UP- FLOW mode ONLY!!!! The tank connections are normally opposite from the standard down flow configuration.
• Recommended to use a flow restrictor that is sized to the proper tank and water flow. Contact our office to learn more about Filtersorb SP3 and how you can benefit from this advanced revolutionary ”green” water conditioner.
Contact our office to learn more about Filtersorb SP3 and how you can benefit from this advanced revolutionary ”green” water conditioner.
Call 928 768-9750 and let us know that you would like to have a free in-home water analysis. We will provide you with a written quote with our recommendation and as always we will be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.